Set yourself apart by becoming a STOTT PILATES Specialist in the field of your choice. Choose any of STOTT’s eight Specialty Tracks, complete the required workshops and gain access to a whole new client base. There is no time limit on completing the components and you can earn CECs at the same time!
Benefits of Becoming a Specialist
- Focus your training in the field of your choice
- Develop specialty programming for your clientele
- Service special populations in your community
- Receive cueing tips for specialty customers
- Learn modifications to address individual requirements
- Discover the specific needs of unique groups
- Explore how market segments differ from one another
- Address the anatomy and biomechanical necessities in each case
- Filter through the hundreds of workshop opportunities
- Streamline continuing education
Requirements for Becoming a Specialist
- All workshops included in the STOTT PILATES Specialty Tracks are open to any individual regardless of whether they have completed any training or certification in the STOTT PILATES method.
- A current STOTT PILATES certification at any level is required in order to be recognized as a “Specialist” in any track. A completion letter for each workshop will be issued, however, the “Specialist” designation will not be granted if no certification is held.
- A total of eight workshops within each track must be completed to receive the “Specialist” designation.
- There is no time limit to complete the required number of workshops; however, the individual must hold a current certification at the time of completion in order to receive the designation.
- Any individual wishing to receive recognition as a STOTT PILATES “Specialist” in any track must submit an electronic form at merrithw.com/specialtytracks
If STOTT is unable to verify that the required number of workshops has been taken, the applicant must submit documentation to support their request.
- STOTT will accept any workshops taken after January 1, 2007 as part of the requirement for Specialist recognition.
- Any workshops taken prior to an individual becoming STOTT PILATES certified is eligible for “Specialist” designation, however, status will not be granted until certification is achieved.
- If an individual completes all workshop requirements in any one track, but does not hold a valid certification (i.e. yearly CECs have not been maintained), “Specialist” recognition will be granted only when certification is returned to good standing.
- STOTT reserves the right to reject any request for “Specialist” status.
If an instructor attends one workshop that appears in more than one Specialty Track, it will be counted toward completion of both tracks.
See more at — https://www.merrithew.com/instructor-training/SpecialtyTracks#Description