July 10, 2017
Director of Professional Training
We are accepting resumes and conducting initial screening this month to fill a key position on our management team this fall for Director of Professional Training. Send resumes to Gayle@sweatshopfitness.com. See job description below.
As Director of ProTraining at the Sweatshop:
• Contributes as a key member to the leadership team and
• Develops the direction, goals and business strategy for continued growth of the Sweatshop. and specifically, for all professinal training programs for fitness, Pilates and health profressionals.
Program Development and Operations
• Create and manage professional training programs working with partners- Merrithew, Schwinn, TRX
• Research new collaborators.
• Plan and organize all courses, according to trends, need and profitabilty.
• Administering exams. C
• Creating introductory workshops and master classes
• Set annual professional training calendar
• Communicate effectively with students in all phases of course participation from marketing through mentoring.
• Coordinate and oversee aspects of the internship programs from CMR to fitness internships, working with the Sweatshop Fitness Director
• Develop, coach and collaborate with Instructor Training staff for all Merrtithew programs
• Evaluate and train IT staff in process and procedures for delivery of Pro training courses
• Work with pro department team members and management team to maintain policies, forms and marketing and communication required by Merrithew and other collaborators
• Work closely with Sweatshop owner to grow the pro department and the future of the Sweatshop profitably.
• Oversee payroll processes of IT staff
Sales, Marketing and Student Management
• Manage and oversee sales for all courses and equipement
• Create content for weekly e-zine and other social media sources.
• Maintain a system to capture all leads for professional training in the Mind Body system
• Customize communication process to ensure contact with leads
• Answer all inquiries about professional training courses
• Create budget: project sales, manage expenses, produce financial reports
• Create, manage and update online registration for professional training
• Maintain all course registration information
• Well developed executive function and emotional intelligence
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities coupled with postive attitude and approachable style
• Outstanding communication and people skills
• Knowledge of fitness and Pilates world, payers, trends and the industry’s guidelines, rules and culture
• An understaning of small business finance; projections, budgeting, financial mamagement
• Knowledge of (or, commitment to learn) Mindbody POS, data management and analysis, preformance metrics
• Familiarity with marketing, website and social media management
• Proven experience in business, team management and operations
• Embraces and embodies Sweatshop culture and values
Valuable Skills on our Wish List
• Calm under pressure; patient and flexible
• Strong ,timely communication skills
• Takes initiative
• Sets priorities
• Coach others to develop the above skills
• Passionate about the Sweatshop mission and vision
• Committed to the Sweatshop team
• Exhibits high integrity, professionalism, including being:
o A strong team player
o Effective communicator with peers, management and clients
o A superior coach and leader
Compensation And Benefits
The postion can be strucutred in several ways, for example, it could be of the following or another configuration, as negotiated:
• It could be a fulltime salaried position with benefits
• A .75 position, or
• A shared leadership role with another co-director.
We can accommodate the right person(s) with a customized structure. When submitting your resume please state your preference.
Compensation is above marketing value for the fitness industry. Benefits can include:
education, bonuses, health insurance allowance, vacation and holiday time and potential for travel. For the right person, it may also offer the opportunity for business ownership.
167 Snelling Ave N.,
Saint Paul, MN 55104